Long known for its healthful attributes, this nutrient-rich leafy green contains no less than four Foundation Supplements. Thanks to its high levels of magnesium, manganese, silicon, and Vitamin K, spinach is a bone-smart alkalizing powerhouse. (You only need to worry about its oxalate content if you’ve had kidney stones in the past.)
The list of additional valuable nutrients is long – from vitamin C to several B vitamins, vitamin A, iron and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. But let’s face it, spinach can get boring, so I set out to explore new ideas so you can enjoy it with a creative twist.
Here are the 6 tastiest and easiest ways to use spinach any time of the day – or night – and they are all pH balanced as well.
Tip: I recommend you use organic spinach, especially since it’s included in the EWG’s “dirty dozen” list.
Note: all recipes are for individual servings.
Now let’s get started!
#1 – Salad Haters Salad
In a bowl, toss 2 handfuls of baby spinach with 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas and one large cubed pear (or apple, if you prefer). Mix in one cup of cooked quinoa, sprinkle some walnuts and a little fresh ground pepper. Enjoy with your favorite dressing.
#2 – Green Dream Smoothie
Blend one banana with 1 cup of spinach leaves and 1 cup of almond milk (or your favorite alkalizing milk substitute).
#3 – Quick Quesadilla
Make your own spinach quesadilla wrap in a jiffy!
1 teaspoon extra-light olive oil
1/4 small onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups spinach
1 8-inch wrap or flour tortilla
1 tablespoon plain unsweetened yogurt
Oregano, sea salt, and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium-sized pan heat the oil and cook the onion until soft. Stir in the garlic, cooking a minute or two more until soft.
2. Mix in the spinach and cook until wilted, more or less for 2 minutes. Drain well and place in a bowl to cool a little.
3. In another small bowl, whisk together the egg and the yogurt. Add to the cooled spinach and mix until combined.
4. Heat the wrap or tortilla in the pan over low heat, so it softens a little. Turn the heat to medium and pour the egg-spinach mixture over half of the wrap, fold the other half over and cook on one side until the egg begins to firm up, 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes, until the egg is fully cooked. Cut into wedges and enjoy.
#4 – Strawberry Fields Salad
In a bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups baby spinach, 1/2 cup arugula, 3/4 cup cooked chicken (cubed or sliced thin) and 1/2 cup sliced strawberries. Throw in some sliced almonds for crunch and pour your favorite dressing.
#5 – Fast n’ Flavorful
Use a large pan for this easy dish.
1 teaspoon extra-light olive oil
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
1/2 cup of asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup of spinach
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
1 handful of toasted almonds, chopped up a bit
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (optional)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil and add the asparagus, onion, ginger, sea salt and pepper and stir fry for about a minute.
2. Add the garlic and spinach. Stir-fry for another minute, or until the spinach wilts.
3. Pour in the lime zest and juice and. Cook for another 10-20 seconds, stirring all the while.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the basil and sprinkle with almonds.
#6 – Easy Detox Soup
Feel free to adjust the amount of water you use in this recipe. This soup tastes delicious, thick or thin.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 cup fresh broccoli, cut up
1 cup spinach leaves
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 teaspoon parsley, chopped (if fresh)
Water, as needed to achieve desired consistency
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
Lemon or lime juice
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and stir in the garlic.
2. Add the spinach, broccoli, celery, and parsley, and stir until the spinach wilts.
3. Add enough water to cover the vegetables, and bring to a high simmer. Cover the pot and reduce heat.
4. Cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables soften.
5. Use a blender to puree the soup, and add a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
Do you have other creative ways to use spinach? I’d love to hear them! Share them with the community by leaving a comment below.
Enjoy in good health!
15-Minute Bellybulge Trick
Like most of us, you’re probably ready to drop a few sluggish pounds, but not too happy about having to give up eating your favorite foods…
The couple (Rob & Kalen) featured in the video at the link below have lost a combined 101 lbs and serious inches of bellyflab. They call their trick the ’15 minute miracle’, and while you’re watching the presentation, you can see why.
They have a product that reveals the same natural technique which has helped thousands lose stubborn flab faster, and is still helping hundreds more every day…
Here are the other important facts from this unique story you may want to know before watching the entire presentation:
1. They did it by enjoying delicious foods several times a day, every day, almost never hungry a minute…
2. They DID NOT do one minute of ‘cardio’, but still lowered their resting heart rate and re-captured that near boundless energy of a spry teenager…
3. He also lost nearly 10 inches of stomachflab, and she dropped 8 dress sizes, going from a 12 to a 4…
4. They did this all while doing almost the exact opposite of what most fitness experts have been teaching us for years…
P.S. If you’re interested, you’ll also learn the 5 biggest mistakes you’ve probably been making trying to fight this flab, among all the tricky little details of their fascinating, life-changing discovery. Click here to watch their presentation and to learn more about their product.
A D V E R T I S E M E NT
If you liked this article, click the "Like" button for Facebook:
How Does The Save Our Bones Program Treatment Reverse Osteoporosis Without Drugs In One Year Or Less?
Learn more about how the Save Our Bones Program treatment is guaranteed to reverse osteoporosis and osteopenia in one year or less ...