One of my favorite ways to pack a lot of bone-nourishing, rejuvenating nutrients into one quick meal is to use my blender.
I love the way it saves me time without sacrificing the benefits of whole foods.
That’s why I often turn to my blender when I need a quick boost for my energy level and my bones. So today I’m sharing three of my favorite blender recipes to make delicious dishes. They take just minutes to prepare, and they are full of nutrients that will give your bones new life.
We’re going to start with a simple, oatmeal-based pancake recipe that includes a whole banana in the batter. Bananas boost calcium absorption, so it’s like an “infusion” for your bones.
You’ll see that bone-healthy meals do not have to be complicated or difficult to prepare!
1. Banana-Oat Pancakes
One of my favorite ways to eat these pancakes is with a side (or topping) of alkalizing fresh fruits, making them pH-balanced.
Makes 12-16 pancakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey or to taste (you can also substitute with a pinch or two of stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- Cooking oil
- Place all ingredients except the egg and cooking oil in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the egg and blend a few seconds more.
- Let stand 10 minutes or longer to thicken batter.
- If batter becomes too thick to pour easily, add some milk substitute.
- Heat oil to medium high in frying pan or skillet.
- Pour 1/4 – 1/2 cup of batter into pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite alkalizing fruits and a dollop of plain yogurt.
2. Simple Salsa
I absolutely love fresh salsa. This 100% alkalizing recipe is rich in lycopene and full of juicy tomato flavor.
- 6 ripe medium-sized tomatoes
- ⅓ onion – sweet or red – roughly chopped
- Small bunch cilantro (you can substitute parsley if you prefer)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (or more if you like it hot)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime (adjust to taste)
- Sea salt (optional or to taste)
- Roughly chop the tomatoes before placing them in your blender (a food processor also works).
- Add the onion, cilantro, and garlic.
- Give the mixture a quick few chops in your blender or processor.
- Slice one lime and squeeze the juice on top, along with a few pinches of salt and a pinch or two of cayenne pepper.
- Add the jalapeno pepper(s) and blend.
- For a chunky salsa you want to just do a few quick pulses in the blender or food processor.
3. Mango Sorbet
This refreshing 100% alkalizing recipe is a sweet, icy way to get the bone-building power of two fresh fruits: mangoes and bananas. It’s the perfect dessert on a hot day, and it satisfies your sweet tooth without aging your bones with too much sugar. In fact, it helps keep your bones young.
- 1 ½ cups frozen mango cubes, slightly thawed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste (you can also substitute with stevia to taste)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a container and freeze.
Save Time In The Kitchen Without Sacrificing Your Bones
I understand that many of us are often in a hurry these days. But, as you can see with these quick recipes, there’s no reason to skip meals that renew your bones with powerful nutrients.
That’s precisely why I included some “extras” with the Save Our Bones recipe book, Bone Appétit.
For example, bound to the Bone Appétit cookbook, you’ll find Quick Picks at the end of each chapter. These are recipes that take just 20 minutes or less to prepare, and they are every bit as bone-healthy and nutritious as the regular recipes.
So if you feel like preparing a vegetarian main dish, for example, but are pressed for time, simply turn to the end of the Vegetarian Recipes chapter and choose from the Quick Picks.
You’ll find these handy, speedy recipes at the end of all the other chapters, too, from Main Courses to Desserts.
When you order Bone Appétit today, you’ll also receive Blender Magic, a booklet of quick, bone-renewing smoothie recipes all made in a blender in just minutes.
You’ll discover savory smoothies like Mean ‘n Green, spicy ones like South of the Border, and sweet treats such as Double Berry Blast and Sweet ‘n Sassy.
And it’s included free with your order of Bone Appétit. Please click here to take advantage of this delicious offer.
Till next time,