Our Advisory Panel is comprised of prestigious physicians, doctors, and researchers, who contribute their expertise and experience to help shape the future of the Save Institute.
Click on the photos below for more information:
- Dr. Ira RashbaumDr. Ira Rashbaum is a physiatrist at the acclaimed Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center, which was ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the United States. He is also Clinical Professor in the Department of Medical Rehabilitation and Medical Director of Stroke Rehabilitation.
Dr. Rashbaum is a leader in the field of pain management recognizing the mind-body interaction principles that cause musculoskeletal disorders such as back pain, fibromyalgia, and other symptoms.
Having studied and worked with Dr. John E. Sarno for twenty years at New York University School of Medicine, Dr. Rashbaum is one of the world’s foremost experts in TMS (Tension Myositis Syndrome or Tension Myoneural Syndrome), which Dr. Sarno pioneered. In fact, Dr. Rashbaum has had more direct exposure to Dr. Sarno than any other TMS physician in the world.
Dr. Sarno is the world-renowned pioneer in the “mind-body connection”, and has cured thousands of patients the medical establishment could not help.
Dr. Rashbaum is a contributor to Dr. Sarno’s New York Times Best Selling book “The Divided Mind: The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders”, and co-wrote an academic article with Dr. Sarno titled “Psychosomatic Concepts in Chronic Pain”, published in the Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in 2003. Dr. Rashbaum has also co-authored 18 articles published in medical journals.
- Dr. Kenneth HowayeckDr. Kenneth Howayeck is an award-winning Board Certified Foot and Ankle Surgeon, surgical instructor, Clinical Asst. Professor of Surgery at the Univ. or Hawaii School of Medicine, and is the former President of the Hawaii Podiatric Medical Association. After practicing surgery for almost 30 years, he is now dedicating himself full time to the identification and effective counseling needed to best address osteoporosis and osteopenia.
He is the Founding Director of the Bone Health Network and Five Star Onsite Testing, both headquartered in Long Beach, California, where Dr. Howayeck currently resides. Five Star Onsite Testing provides lectures, mobile ultrasound bone density screenings and personal osteoporosis counseling by phone and at doctor’s offices, expos, senior living centers, events, and corporations.
Dr. Howayeck is a sought-after speaker who attracts large crowds thanks to his comfortable yet passionate teaching style and his ability to clearly dispel the many osteoporosis and osteopenia myths that continue to prevail throughout the medical establishment. He is also the author of various medical self-help books, including his best-selling Bone Health Made Easy.
- Dr. Natalie CordovaDr. Natalie Cordova graduated from Parker College of Chiropractic in Dallas, Texas in 1997. Since then, she has built a successful chiropractic practice in Houston, Texas, where she has helped thousands of patients with lower back pain, headaches, neck tension, shoulder restriction, carpal tunnel syndrome and more.
Dr. Cordova is a posture specialist who’s main mission is to help improve everyone’s posture, since from the beginning of her chiropractic career she has witnessed the effects of bad posture on the spine and other crucial biological processes. With this in mind, she created the Posture Confidence DVD series, specifically designed to achieve better posture, reduce neck and upper back pain, and avoid or reverse kyphosis, commonly known as Dowager’s Hump.
- Dr. David RansenDr. David Ransen has 35+ years experience in numerous areas of individual and family psychology and is a renowned master in human development. After graduating with a Ph.D in Psychology from Cornell University, he has taught at world class learning institutions, including Princeton, Tulane, and Cornell universities as well as Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Ransen has also earned a graduate degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from Nova Southeastern University, and is a Board Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist. As Founder and Clinical Director of Delray Holistic Therapy, he’s had outstanding results with treating patients for smoking cessation, weight loss, eating and panic disorders, anxiety, depression, sleeping problems, addictions, phobias, tics, and more.
Based on time-tested methods backed by solid scientific evidence, he successfully treats many “physical” ailments that have no underlying medical illness, such as IBS, hand tremors, “functional” pain, and more. Dr. Ransen’s remarkable results with solution-focused brief therapy further proves his conviction that these types of “disorders”, which the Medical Establishment treats with dangerous prescription drugs, can be safely eliminated with holistic psychotherapy instead of medications.
Dr. Ransen has published numerous articles in prestigious professional journals, as well as in popular publications such as Scientific American and The New York Times.
- Dr. Craig CurpheyDr. Curphey, a graduate of York University, University of Toronto and the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, has been in private practice as a chiropractor for almost 20 years. During his college years, Dr. Curphey realized that the way the medical establishment was treating osteoporosis, by prescribing hormone replacement therapy, the cause of about 100,000 annual deaths and many cases of breast cancer, was not only dangerous, but also ineffective. He concluded the same about the newer osteoporosis drugs, such as bisphosphonates, having observed the unfortunate rise of atypical femur fractures and a slew of other dangerous side effects caused by those medications.
While practicing as a Chiropractor, Dr. Curphey further solidified his conviction that osteoporosis is not a disease and that it should not be treated with dangerous prescription drugs, but rather, that it’s partly caused by lack of sufficient weight-bearing activities. With this in mind, in 1997 he embarked on an extensive research project to solve this issue. The popular Wellness Belt is the fruit of his research, and has positively impacted the lives of thousands of people around the world. Dr. Curphey has retired from his private Chiropractic practice and currently resides in Belize.