What if I told you that there’s a bracelet you can wear to help you build your bones? It may sound like magic, but it’s actually true. I’ll explain.
Chances are you already know that breathing the right way helps build your bones. But it’s easy to forget to do it. I know this because it happened to me until I decided to take action.
In today’s post, I am going to show how exactly what I did. And you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to remind yourself to breathe correctly.
How You Breathe Matters A Lot!
To reap all the bone health benefits of deep breathing you need to be conscious of how you breathe. This means deliberately breathing deeply throughout the day (more on this later).
Also, bear in mind that tension and stress can impair you from breathing properly. Here’s why: most of us tend to tighten our muscles in response to stress, and we take shallow breaths. You may even hold your breath without realizing it. In fact, the vast majority of people only use about one-third of their total lung capacity.
Deep Breathing Helps Your Bones and Your Health
When you take deep breaths, it…
- Balances body alkalinity
- Increases energy
- Reduces stress
- Promotes relaxation
- Enhances focus
How to “Power Breathe”
In addition to breathing deeply as much as possible throughout the day, you can also practice this simple breathing exercise that increases your lung capacity and ensures you’re using your diaphragm muscles:
- Sit up straight (good posture is vital for taking deep breaths, and deep breathing promotes good posture).
- Slowly inhale, imagining your lungs filling all the way.
- Exhale in two steps: first, exhale quickly as if you’re blowing out a match. The purpose is to activate your oft-neglected diaphragm muscle.
- Next, finish your exhalation slowly and empty your lungs completely. Expelling the CO2 from your lungs is as important as taking in oxygen.
- Inhale slowly again, this time filling the bottom of your lungs first.
- Pause for just a moment before you exhale, giving the oxygen plenty of time to saturate your cells.
- Exhale slowly and empty your lungs completely.
- Repeat 5 or 6 times, or as many times as you wish.
The Trick: The Bone-Building Bracelet
Because breathing is something so natural, we automatically do it without thinking. So to become conscious of breathing right, we need a reminder. That’s where the makeshift bracelet trick comes in!
All you need to do is place a loose-fitting rubber band around your wrist. Each time you see it, you’ll remember to breathe properly. I’ve been doing this for a while now, and I can tell you it really works.
If you don’t like the idea of wearing a rubber band, you can certainly choose a different “bracelet.” Another idea is to place sticky notes at strategic places throughout your home, car, or office space with “Breathe” or even just the letter “B” written on them.
The good news is that as you keep practicing correct breathing, it will become a habit, and eventually, you won’t need to even think about it.
As always, I’d love to hear your thoughts and if you plan on wearing your own bone-building bracelet by leaving your comment below!
Till next time,