Today I want to share something with you that you might not know about the Save Our Bones community.
Understand that I’m a researcher by nature. That’s partly why I spent so much time researching the science behind the Save Our Bones program. It’s also the reason I didn’t end up like a lot of other osteoporosis sufferers… the ones who get led down the path of the risky drugs that only make things worse.
I became my own health detective and discovered another way through. And my discoveries became the foundation of everything you see on my website and in my programs.
Now you might guess that most of the visitors who come to my website are suffering from osteoporosis
But That’s Actually Not the Case
Believe it or not, 50% of the people who come to SaveOurBones.com don’t have osteoporosis. In fact, 20% have no bone issues at all.
So why do they come?
They come because they’re suffering from something far worse than a broken bone.
They’re suffering from… FEAR. In particular, the fear of the unknown.
I’ve been noticing that some of you experience great fear when you receive your initial diagnosis, and during the aftermath as you try to figure out how to proceed. You might fear falling and breaking a bone, you might fear the possibility of a worsening diagnosis, you might fear the dire consequences that many of your doctors claim will happen if you don’t take the drugs.
Believe me, I understand how confusing and dismaying it can all be.I’ve been there, and I remember how devastated I was when I got my diagnosis. Doctors are telling you that drugs are the only solution, the media is full of hype about osteoporosis, and the cards may seem to be stacked against you.
Sometimes this fear continues even as you follow the Osteoporosis Reversal Program. You know you’re doing what’s best for your bones, but the persistent voices of doctors, the mainstream media, and even your friends can be hard to ignore.
So What’s the Answer?
For me, the answer was to take charge of my fate and use my research background to find out everything I could about my condition.
Fortunately, you don’t have to start from scratch with your research; you have the Osteoporosis Reversal Program to guide you and ease the way.
Fear is Bad for Your Bones
I know, and I really do understand, that you may still be feeling some fear. But here’s the thing. Fear and its accompanying stress can actually hurt your bones.
Fear releases adrenaline or epinephrine and cortisol. And as I detail in the Osteoporosis Reversal Program, cortisol hurts your bones. And excess adrenaline elevates blood pressure and suppresses immunity and digestion. Asthma, allergies, colds and infections, high blood pressure, irritable bowel, tension headaches, insomnia, diabetes, and eczema are just a few conditions that can be triggered or exacerbated by the excess adrenaline that is produced by the fear/stress cycle. Once this cycle gets started, you might end up living in a state of chronic anxiety that can be difficult to control.
But I Don’t Know What To Do About It
At this point, some of you may be getting stressed out just reading this. You might be thinking, “Wow, I can’t help being worried about my bones, and now you’re telling me that my worry is making things even worse.”
While it’s true that worry and stress are not helping your bones, you are in control, and there’s a lot you can do to reduce your stress and fear levels.
Counter Fear with Truth
One of the best ways to combat fear is to arm yourself with knowledge, especially if you feel stressed about your bone density scores and the fear of painful fractures. So here’s a dose of truth to counter the fear and anxiety that can understandably occur in this situation.
Remember that test results are only a small part of the osteoporosis picture. Mainstream Medicine focuses disproportionately on density because it needs numbers (i.e. fixed parameters) to prescribe drugs by following the same established protocols. While density is one indicator of bone metabolism, the main focus of bone health is to prevent fractures.
As I explain in the Osteoporosis Reversal Program, less dense but healthy and renewed bones have better tensile strength than thicker, denser, older bones that could easily break. Of course it’s great to increase your bone density, and thousands in the Save Our Bones community have done just that. But it is important that you keep in mind that when you follow the Program, your bones are healthier and more resilient – whether or not that is reflected in the scores.
Ironically, your T-score does not tell you if the bone is strong. It simply places your results within a certain age and gender group as compared to a randomly chosen group of women in their 20’s and 30’s – in other words, at their Peak Bone Mass.
And bear in mind that several studies point to the inexact science of measuring bone density. So your best bet is to focus on all aspects of your bone health, not just their density.
Attack that Fear Directly
If you are still experiencing fear about your bone health, here are some valuable tips that can help you release the fear:
- Set aside time for yourself every day. Even if it’s only for 10 or 15 minutes a day, try to find the time to do something you really enjoy, and don’t feel guilty about it. Solve a crossword puzzle, read a magazine (not an article about bone health!), watch TV, play your favorite musical instrument – anything that brings you enjoyment and allows you to relax.
- Breathe. The simple act of deep and steady breathing can work wonders in terms of calming fears. If you are like most people, chances are that when you tense up, you hold your breath without even realizing it. Breathing automatically triggers a relaxation response in the body, plus it insures that you have enough oxygen circulating in your body. When you feel stress or fear, take a couple of deep breaths and relax. Read ‘Breathe This Way and Help Your Bones’ for more on this.
- Develop a meditative or contemplative practice. By that, I don’t mean that you have to sit cross-legged and meditate, although if that’s your thing, that’s fine. Prayer, meditation, tai chi, yoga, guided imagery, inspirational readings – whatever brings you peace and inspiration.
- Get away from it all. A getaway doesn’t have to be an elaborate vacation. It can be a romantic dinner with your partner, a trip to a local park, a massage, or an evening at the theater. Take yourself out of your normal environment and away from your worries, if only for a short period of time.
- Laugh. The importance of laughter can’t be denied. A deep belly laugh is like an internal massage, and it’s impossible to be afraid while you’re laughing. So find whatever tickles your funny bone, whether it’s a funny YouTube video, a TV show, or perhaps a phone conversation with that friend who can always make you laugh. For example, check out this adorable video:
- Live in the moment and focus on the “now.” The more you can bring your focus and attention to the current moment without worrying about what happened yesterday or what you “should” do next, the more you’ll be able to release your stress.
Release Your Fear
As Marie Curie said:
“Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.”
That is my goal with the Osteoporosis Reversal Program. I want you to understand osteoporosis and your bone health. With that understanding comes peace of mind through knowledge, and a reality check that…
Osteoporosis is Not to be Feared
As I mentioned before, fear was the worst part of my whole osteoporosis diagnosis. If someone had sat down with me and told me how things were going to turn out… if they had said I’d work hard for the next few years to discover a way to combat this so-called “disease” the natural way… well, it would have calmed my nerves to know that.
Instead, I had no idea what to expect. I didn’t know if I’d end up disabled… or lose my independence , or become a burden to my family.
Fear is awful.
So today, I hope I helped you get rid of a little bit of the fear you might have about the health of your bones.
There’s only one thing that repels fear and makes it go away. That thing is information. Namely, the TRUTH.
Don’t let fear run your life. Don’t let fear control your decisions.
Get the information you need to deal with your fear and keep your bones healthy.
The Osteoporosis Reversal Program is ready and waiting for you. Inside, you’ll find everything you need to take control.
You are not here to live in fear.
Your bone health is under your control, and when you take the right steps, you can stop bone loss in its tracks and start rebuilding strong and healthy bones. Armed with that knowledge, there is truly nothing to fear.