European regulators restrict the use of Protelos (strontium ranelate) after routine benefit-risk assessment resulted in an increased risk of heart attack. This newly discovered side effect, coupled with the risk dangerous blood clots and serious skin reactions, dramatically limits the use of this popular osteoporosis drug:
How much do you really know about the chemicals in your face cleanser, scrub, or moisturizer?
Your skin is like a giant sponge, so bone-damaging acidifying chemicals can actually make their way into your body through your skin. Traces of these chemicals can be found in the average person's liver, kidneys, brain and even in breast tissue.
Blast From The Past
Last May I brought you the Summer Day Delight, a delicious bone healthy ice cream recipe:
And here's a bonus brand new easy breakfast recipe:
1 tablespoon almond butter
Pinch of cinnamon
Drop of vanilla or almond extract
Coconut oil or your favorite bone healthy cooking oil
1. In a bowl, mash the banana, add the eggs and mix well.
2. Stir in almond butter, cinnamon, and extract.
3. Heat coconut oil in skillet using medium heat.
4. Pour a large spoonful of batter onto hot pan and brown one side, (approximately three minutes), then flip and brown the other side.
5. Serve with your favorite fruits for a deliciously alkalizing breakfast.
My heart goes out to all tornado victims of Moore, Oklahoma. Even amidst the terrible devastation, we're able to find inspirational moments that we'll never forget.
Watch this amazingly moving video of a tornado survivor who finds a glimmer of hope after unspeakable tragedy:
And as always, let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!